In 2015, His Grace Bishop Guy Paul Noujaim, the founder and chairman of Oum el Nour Board, decided to establish a sister organization of Oum El Nour in one of the neediest countries in Africa, Liberia, where drug awareness and rehabilitation center is strongly needed.
Oum el Nour Liberia, Inc. is officially registered under registration No. 051741420 – Code Q8890 as a Non-Governmental Organization under the registry of the Republic of Liberia on the 8 of June 2016. Oum el Nour is committed to the rehabilitation of substance users and prevention programs.
Oum el Nour identity and vision is to perceive drug addiction as a multifaceted problem requiring a comprehensive service that can cater to all the dimensions of addiction and designed to prevent, rehabilitate and reintegrate. It is necessary to mention that addiction affects not only its beholder but his/her family and surroundings. Thus, three levels of prevention are addressed by the association: the primary prevention that affects “healthy” people, the secondary prevention which affects occasional substance consumers, and finally, prevention which targets substance users.
All people, regardless of his/her financial capacity, can have an access to the treatment.
All people, regardless of his/her nationality, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, can have an access to the treatment.
3. Holistic therapeutic approach
All dimensions of the human person are taken into account for the rehabilitation of persons.
4. Research for the best Quality Treatment
Each member of the professional team has the opportunity to attend training courses throughout the year.
The financial procedures of Oum el Nour are subject to strict rules and are controlled by an external auditor.
Oum el Nour objective is committed to serving individuals through helping them overcome their addiction, in order to attain a healthy society characterized by a sustainable growth through the following actions:
• Raise awareness on the psychological, health, and economic risks of illegal use of drugs on individuals, families, with specific focus on youth people;
• Welcome drug users, study their health and social conditions, identify their needs, and work with them on defining priorities to overcome their addiction through the services of Oum el Nour or other concerned parties;
• Provide required treatment support to targeted drug users or abusers through Oum el Nour rehabilitation program;
• Support parents in their trial and accompany them in helping their children undergo treatment and prevention;
• Follow up on former substance users after their rehabilitation program, strengthen their immunity against drug addiction, and help them reintegrate into society and become active productive citizens.
1. President and Founder: Bishop Guy Paul Noujaim
2. Vice President: Mr. Marwan Eid
3. Treasurer: WLCU President- Mr. Ahmed Wazni
4. Secretary: Mr. Abdallah Chahni
5. Board Member: Dr. S. Mohammed Sheriff (Liberia Medical & Dental Council)
6. Board Member: Atty. Samuel Kofi Woods, Ii
7. Board Member: Mr. Georges Haddad
World Lebanese Cultural Union – Liberia
Ministry of Health (GOL)
Ezzat Eid Charitable Foundation
Africa Motors Service Center
Murex Holding Liberia Ltd
Oum el Nour Liberia, Congo Town, Behind Kia Motors
Bank a/c 0011014735436701, ECO Bank
Tel. +231 777700156