Two batches of training were conducted for Liberian Individuals:
In 2018 a six months training of four Liberian social workers
In 2022 a four months training of three Liberian social workers from the Liberian Ministry of Health and a psychiatric doctor for the detoxification process.
The two batches lived in the rehabilitation centers with the addicts and got training from all the other centers in Lebanon (Reception, Follow-up, Out Patient including the administration department).
– Registered and obtained our accreditation as an NGO from the Ministry of Finance
– Constituted Board of Directors and appointed a General Manager
– Constituted a By-Law for Oum El Nour Liberia
– Trained 7 Liberian social workers volunteers and staff from MOH on the Therapeutic community program in Lebanon
– Skilled Liberian Psychiatric in the detoxification process in Lebanon
– Lease furnished & equipped a compound to be used as an administrative, Prevention, & Outpatient office.
– Established four prevention programs Light Club, we-connect, scholarship, and Sports clubs. We reached youth with awareness preventive messages in schools’ communities thru diverse activities.
– Conducted workshops to train youth club members as addiction peer educators in their schools and Communities.
– Signed a partnership Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Liberia thru the Ministry of Health and secured 30 acres of land for the inpatient Rehabilitation center at Buchannan Highway.
– Prepared architectural design plans and renovated eight existing units for the inpatient rehabilitation center. (2 Men dorms 2 women dorms 1 staff dorms 1 canteen 1 administrative 1 vocational)
– Conducted formal meetings with potential partners and donors: UNIDO, UNDP, Lebanese Ambassador, Carter Center, World Health Organization MPCHS MSFF
– Installed 1000 square meters of Greenhouse for Agriculture vocational training and self-financing.
Administration & Reception center
Oum el Nour Liberia, Congo Town, Behind Kia Motors
Tel. +231 777700156